Thank goodness for writing challenges…I considered doing a Thursday 13, but haven’t decided if I wanted to commit myself to that quite yet (but probably will).
So if I was a Superhero, what would my superpowers be? I know this probably isn’t terribly original, but I’d like to be able to read people’s minds. I am so terribly tired of the following scenarios, and reading minds would really help alleviate some of the irritation:
- not using turn signals (probably my #1 pet peeve)
- getting the wrong food order (if I could read their mind, I could hear if they got my order right)
- understanding my 3-year old (he’s more than willing to speak everything that is on his mind, just can’t understand all of it yet)
- understanding my 3-month old (the colicky angry baby scenario is getting old…)
- understanding my husband. You’d think by the time you are an adult that you could voice your thoughts, opinions, and desires better, but I guess not. By me being able to read his thoughts I’d know what the hell he’s so mad about in the first place so that I don’t slink around thinking I did something. Although, usually, I have done something, so maybe this superpower wouldn’t be as good with him.
- doing some work around the office. I have been sitting here for close to a year not really doing much at all. I feel like I’m missing something when it comes to assignments or projects or something. A girl can only bug her boss so many times…but if I could read his mind, I’d start doing something before he doesn’t give it to me so that it’s done and it’s something to do to keep me busy and (can you hear the desperation in my voice?).
- I have a bad habit of saying the wrong thing because my mouth just doesn’t ever shut-up, so I’d like to at least know when to say the right thing, or when to tape my mouth shut.
- I’d get what everyone wants for Christmas, Birthdays, etc….not that I do too bad, but being able to give someone 1 thing they’d really like is very satisfying.
So folks…tag…you’re it! What superpowers would you have????
Comments are closed.