This is a blog where I will share my adventures and mundane tasks as a work-out-of-home-mom living in a Washington DC suburb (er, outer-suburb). I have 3 boys and my wonderful husband, so the testosterone is running a bit high in our house. We also have a dog and 2 cats, so as you can imagine, our household is pretty busy. Since I never feel like I’m being listened to, I figured I’ll just start talking at the general Internet community and see what happens.
Some Key Players:
- Justin–my wonderful husband, although like many other wonderful, loving husbands, is prone to chronic channel-flipping, shirking diaper-changing duties (heh…duty), and leaving dirty clothes two feet from the hamper.
- Gavin–my first-born–June ’04–is a fiery redhead of energy and fun. He loves loves LOVES to rough-house with his daddy, is super-sweet to his brothers, enjoys playing with the dog, will occasionally be nice to the cats, and is enjoying grade school and Tae Kwon Do.
- Cooper–my second-born–July ’07–is a more serious child than Gavin ever was. You have to work a little harder to get this kid to smile, but when he does, it’s like rays of sunshine! He loves anything Harry Potter, talks like an 8yr old, but sounds like Elmo.
- Nolan–my third-born–May ’10–looks a lot like Gavin, but sounds a lot like Cooper. As a toddler, his personality is only now starting to emerge–it should be a fun ride to see what he’s like in a year or so.
- Colleen–me!–I grew up in Chicago with 4 brothers and 3 uncles that were close to my age, which would explain why all things related to poop, farts, burps, and people falling down is hysterical to me. While I did not have any sisters, my cousin, Jill, is as close to a sister as I could possibly get.
- Ginger–our youngest Boston Terrier–is barely trained, has hardly any manners, loves to play, isn’t afraid of crossing boundaries, and is too silly to care.