I know the Chesapeake area (DC, Maryland, and Virginia) gets really sloppy seconds to Super Tuesday, but if you live in those areas, please go vote. I did. It didn’t hurt at all, although it was weird to see candidates that have dropped out of the race still on the ballots (i.e. John Edwards, Mitt Romney). And it was strange to have to declare to the Election Officer which party ballot you wanted to vote on. I admit, this is my first presidential primary I’m voting in, so I wasn’t sure HOW that worked…I was kind of hoping that I’d be able to choose the candidates I wanted to run in each party. I certainly didn’t think I was going to have to tell them (especially since I kinda haven’t made up my mind…).
So please…go vote…if you live in any of the below states, put it on your calendar and vote:
- February 12: District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia
- February 19: Hawaii (D), Washington (R primary), Wisconsin
- March 4: Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont
- March 8: Wyoming (D)
- March 11: Mississippi
- April 22: Pennsylvania
- May 6: Indiana, North Carolina
- May 13: Nebraska (primary), West Virginia
- May 20: Kentucky, Oregon
- May 27: Idaho (R)
- June 3: Montana, New Mexico (R), South Dakota
(thanks to About.com for the data above)
Comments are closed.