I’m supposed to be researching presidential candidates so that I make an informed decision in the Virginia primary tomorrow. But instead, I’m getting a little caught up on my memes. This is one that Burgh Baby’s Mom tagged me with, um, a little longer ago than I care to admit.
Well, without any further ado………
5 things I want my kids to know:
- How much I love them…as most parents know, there aren’t words to describe how you feel about your kids and sometimes hugs, kisses, and “I love you’s” don’t seem adequate for that overwhelming feeling in your heart.
- To get an education…you can have your material possessions taken from you, you can have the people you love leave you (in one way or another), but you can never truly lose what you’ve learned. Even if you don’t do anything with the degrees you get, they still help you out with Life in general.
- Compassion for others…it almost gives you a sense of peace about yourself when you help others.
- Be grateful for what you have…jealousy and lack of gratitude are ugly ugly beasts.
- Have fun and laugh…there are SO many serious things in life and SO many negative things out there and it’s easy to let all of that get you down, but keeping things in perspective and smiling and laughing help you get through tougher times.
5 things you want to tell your children when they are grown up:
- I really did NOT know what was best for you all the time, but I did the best I could the best way I knew how.
- It really wasn’t all that critical for you to finish those vegetables, but as a parent, I couldn’t let you win because I needed you to learn to like other foods so that you’d grow up making (hopefully) healthier food choices.
- Don’t lose your faith; don’t walk away from it. Even if it seems everyone has let you down, God is always there.
- You have no idea how much I love hearing your laughs and giggles…they are literally music to my ears.
- Those grandbabies are mine MINE MINE!
5 things you want to tell your children before you die:
- The location of my Last Will and Testament (assuming I finally have the thing written).
- Please be sure to hug your kids and spouse every day. Always let them know how much you love them because you never know when you won’t be able to do such things anymore.
- The days that each of you were born were the most exciting of my life.
- The day I met your father was one of the happiest days of my life; my happiest was the day I married him.
- Please take care of yourselves mentally, spiritually, and physically. Don’t let addictions take hold of you, unless it’s an addiction to love and laughter.
5 things you want your children to know before they die:
- Don’t believe the world that you need the nicest house, the fastest cars, the best-looking yard. It’s not worth making yourself crazy–see above about being grateful.
- Best Friends…I want each of you to have best friends that are always there for you, sharing in your laughter, and supporting you through your tough times.
- If you’re lucky enough, you’ll be able to marry your best friend.
- The feel of your own child’s arms around your neck and those sloppy baby kisses.
- Peace…peace about themselves as people, peace about the people they married, peace about the children they’re bringing up, and peace about their chosen professions.
Alright, I’m tapped out! That was a lot tougher than I thought it would be. And it’s way too late to do research on candidates now…guess I’ll be voting AFTER work!
Comments are closed.